Emas, or golden in Malay, is a traditional Malay house which uses recycled hardwood extensively and incorporates many unique pieces from Helen’s scouring of junkyards. Most of the day, the house is shaded by trees, and its carved panels and shutter windows are designed for coolness.
The wood has a golden hue that is lit by the setting sun. Emas House has a serene view over miles of rolling hills towards the Straits of Malacca. The house is set at the end of a gently sloping path of steps and is very private.
Max five adults
Max four adults and two children ( children: 12 years or less)
(Please read dog guidelines here)
One bedroom: One double bed
One loft: One single and one double bed
Large open-concept living room
RM630 to RM1250 per night
(longer stays are cheaper)
(Friday / Saturday nights. Public holidays, and public holiday eve)
1 night: RM 1,250
2 nights: RM 2,250
1 night: RM900
4 nights: RM2,520
– Rice Cooker
– Basic cooking and eating utensils
– Drinking-Water (Bring a bottle for walks)
– Barbeque Pit (Charcoal can be purchased along with lighting services)
– Soap and Shampoo
– Burning mosquito repellant (Please use the mosquito coil holder)
– Electronic mosquito repellant (bring spray-on repellent for evenings activities)
Indoors: 800 square feet / 244 square meters
Private deck: 310 square feet/ 28.7 square meters
1. Breakfast and meals not included; meals are available by pre-order.
2. Discounts are calculated automatically on our booking software. You may book any number of nights based on availability.
3. Weekend night bookings are restricted. You may book one night on the weekend only two weeks before the stay date. It is easier and cheaper to stay for one night on Sundays or weekdays.
4. Fireworks, candles, and lit flying lanterns are not allowed due to our wooden houses and being surrounded by trees.
5. Please do not add children to your booking search. Please let us know by email if you are bringing children. Children are those 12 years or under and they stay free. Up to two mattresses are provided for children for free.